2015 has been quite a year for me. “Eventful” doesn’t even begin to describe it. But I’m not complaining. After all, I feel that I have accomplished so much in a span of 12 months. I’m still wondering how I got out of 2015 still in one piece, though! All I’m certain of is that the year has been quite a challenge. Some of the highlights of the year were:
- Being part of the lead team that covered the Papal Visit in Manila last January.
- Producing the film Ignacio de Loyola in Spain. I won’t go into the details. Suffice it to say that it was a tremendous feat. Read about it here.
3. Living in Spain for almost two months (and a week in Paris, too!) I even celebrated my birthday in an obscure little bar somewhere in Loyola with this bunch:
4. Filming additional scenes of Ignacio de Loyola in Manila; and
5. Finally finishing my thesis for my graduate studies. With all the things going on in my work life, it took a great amount of determination (or a miracle?) to be able to finish my research. And I’m finally graduating next year! Wohoo!
But the icing on the cake came before the year ended when A Dose of Simple was nominated and became one of 6 finalists in the Best Lifestyle and Hobbies blog category at the recently concluded Philippine Blogging Awards.
A much more popular blog won the coveted award, though. But I am nonetheless grateful. It was the first time this little blog has been nominated for anything. And being a finalist in a national competition is an accomplishment in itself. So as a ‘Thank You’ to all of you who have supported and stayed with me the whole time (despite my being such a delinquent blogger), I’m giving you a little gift:
I hope you like it! Print it out on a regular bond paper, clip it on a clipboard, and hang it on your wall. 🙂 Or resize it and attach to your planner.
You can download your 2016 CALENDAR HERE.
As we welcome 2016, I wish you all a productive and creative year ahead!
Food for Thought:
Take a leap of faith and begin this wondrous new year by believing. Believe in yourself. And believe that there is a loving Source – a Sower of Dreams – just waiting to be asked to help you make your dreams come true.
-Sarah Ban Breathnach