I’ve been looking for a detox cleanse plan to jumpstart the year. But I couldn’t find one that looks doable or practical. I wanted to try Gwyneth Paltrow’s Master Cleanse which some friends have done successfully. But it looks way too extreme and I might not be able to go beyond Day 1. (Read: I might actually be dead by Day 1.) Good thing I stumbled upon this Detox Cleanse by TV MD Dr. Oz. It’s a 3-day detox plan that aims to naturally flush out toxins from the body. The plan is pretty simple and straightforward.
According to Dr. Mark Hyman, Medical Director of the UltraWellness Center, everyone can benefit from this detox plan but most especially those who have experienced the following:
- Persistent headaches, muscle aches and muscle fatigue
- Eating a lot of swordfish, tuna, shark etc.
- Several mercury fillings and dental amalgams
- Food allergies
- Stubborn weight loss
- Hormonal imbalances and consistent use of hormone replacement treatments such as birth control or creams like progesterone.
- Consistent use of NSAIDs such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen
- Skin abnormalities such as acne, rosacea or eczema
- A lifetime of consuming the SAD Diet
Even if you don’t experience any of those mentioned above, it’s still good to go through the cleanse to help ‘reboot’ your system and start on a clean slate.
Print out a copy of the 3-Day Detox Cleanse. You can also go to Dr. Oz’s website here.
Here’s to a detoxyfying weekend, everyone!